Breconwood is a community of 88 twinhomes in Minnetonka, Minnesota. It is located just a half mile from Lake Minnetonka and a short walk to the crossroads of Highway 101 and Minnetonka Boulevard (known as “Ty Abel’s Corner”), which offers a unique collection of shops and services. Our residents enjoy the privacy of a mature suburban setting, the many conveniences of association living, and the company of like-minded neighbors.
Who we are
Questions & Concerns
Answers to most homeowner questions can be found in two HOA documents: Frequently Asked Questions and Breconwood CCRs. Both can be viewed in the Homeowners Only area of this website.
If you have a specific issue or question that is not addressed in the HOA documents, please contact the appropriate board member listed above based on their specific area of responsibility. Or ask a neighbor. Many of Breconwood’s residents are long-timers and are very familiar with HOA procedures.
Changes to the exterior of individual homes require advance approval of the HOA Board of Directors. This includes items such as patio surfaces, landscaping, lighting, doors, windows, skylights, sprinkler systems, etc. Homeowners must submit an Architectural/Landscape Request (available in the Homeowners Only section of this website) before undertaking any project of this nature.
To facilitate better communication and coordinate repair work, maintenance there are four designated Street Captains in Breconwood.
- Breconwood Road: Irene Kostka, 17660 Breconwood Road (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Brigham Trail: Jerry & Paul Jones, 17821 Brigham Trail (email@example.com)
- Comstock Road: Orv Gatz, 17821 Comstock Road (no e-mail)
- Tioga Trail: Bill Woods, 17800 Tioga Trail (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Should you have 1) an HOA-related maintenance item with your home, or 2) an item on common property that needs addressing, please fill out a Maintenance Request Form and submit it to your Street Captain. This form can be found in the Homeowners Only area of this website.
Homeowners Association Structure
While most HOAs of our size use a paid property management firm to coordinate day-to-day operations, Breconwood Homeowners Association is self-managed by an elected Board of Directors. The HOA Board is elected each May at the HOA’s annual meeting and serve a one-year term running from June through the following May.
In addition to the management efforts of our HOA Board, we are fortunate to have numerous homeowners who regularly volunteer their time and talents for Breconwood projects such as landscaping, pool and tennis court maintenance, painting, repairs, communications, and social events. Over the years, Breconwood residents’ volunteerism has resulted in the double effect of 1) fostering a greater sense of community and 2) reducing HOA operating costs.
Board members are designated below by asterisk (*). Individuals’ primary areas of responsibility are designated in parentheses.
- Duane Olmsted, President* (Siding & Painting)
- Jerry Jones, Vice President* (Special Projects)
- Sally Trucker, Secretary* (Pool & Tennis Court)
- Jon Broun, Treasurer*
- Irene Kostka* (Architecture committee —gutters/windows/landscaping on homeowner property) (Lawn Care and Snow Removal)
- Kerry McKnight* (Trees/Landscaping/Seeding/Sod in common areas)
- Cliff Buikema* (Architecture Committee Chairman)
- Joan Warner* (Maintenance Coordinator)
- Nan Nicolle* (Newsletter)
- Jack McKernan (Roads & Driveways)
- Karen Ryding (Resident Directory)
Monthly board meetings are held at 6:30 p.m. on the second Tuesday of each month at the Minnetonka Community Center. All homeowners are welcome. If you wish to be placed on the agenda, please contact the board president at least one week prior to the meeting date and provide a description of the topic you wish to address.
Bylaws, request forms and other documents related to the operations of Breconwood Homeowners Association can be viewed in the Homeowners Only section of this website. First-time visitors will be asked to provide a user name and a password.